Sunday, December 20, 2009

Vinyl Letter Board
















Hey readers, Lori S. here, guest designing for Shimmerz this month! I am very happy with how this board turned out! My friend, Janny did them for a church thing and had an extra vinyl quote so she gave it to me. I cut a piece of wood to fit and routered the edges to make them pretty. Then I spray painted the wood, sanded the edges of it to make it look rustic, and applied the vinyl quote. I used Mod Podge in a matte finish over the top to seal it. I painted the pre-cut wooden stars in metallic gold paint, then applied "Gold Glimmer" Shimmerz Blingz over the top of the stars...Oh yes...You can use Shimmerz on wood!! I hot glued the stars in place. If you do not have access to a vinyl cutter, I know you can order them online, find kiosks in the mall, and Craft Warehouse or some other craft stores may have them. That goes with the board as well, and usually they are already painted and sanded for you.

Happy Creating!
Lori S.

7 comments:

Samantha McElyea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha McElyea said...

Lori, this is so sweet! I'd for sure hang this in my house (:
Great job!

Lori Renn said...

Love this!

Jana Eubank said...

What a great quote! Beautiful project!

Unknown said...

Love! This is awesome.

Stac said...

A truly lovely project.

Leslie Ashe said...

oh now this is CUTE!