Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shimmerz and Journaling


Are you a lettering junkie like me? I love playing around with my writing. One of my favorite techniques is to emphasize certain words by filling them in with Shimmerz. On Moments Together, I wrote the outline of the word wonder and filled it in with Sky Blue Shimmerz.


Here is a close-up so you can see the gorgeous iridescent quality of Shimmerz. It almost looks like the word glows from within!


Materials: Shimmerz Sky Blue, Shimmerz Spritz Mudpie; Martha Stewart glitter and glue pen; My Little Shoebox papers and overlays; Sharpie pens; Uniball signo white pen; Tim Holtz mask

Another technique that I employed on this layout is spritzing. Using Mudpie, I spritzed my background paper (My Little Shoebox) and a Tim Holtz mini-mask. Then to give that masking more oomph, I outlined it with silver glitter. This may be one of my new favorite techniques!

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany Kartchner

4 comments:

VAWM said...

This is adorable. I am anxious to try the technique, even though your writing is way cooler than mine!

Stac said...

Super-Duper job Bethany! What a sweet layout. Love your ideas.

Natalie Elphinstone said...

This LO is absolutely stunning! I love playing with lettering and typography too. I think it's really important to add at least a little bit of journalling on each page, and any technique that can make my handwriting look better is essential!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Samantha McElyea said...

Oh this is so cute! And that baby is pretty adorable too (: